Shoes For Kids 2021 – July 31 from 9 AM-2 PM
Shoes for Kids is a Christian based community program that has provided eligible students from Rockwall County with new school shoes, socks, dental hygiene supplies, school supplies and free immunization vaccines for the past 18 years. We have grown from 170 children served in our fist year to over 900 children in 2017 and 2018.
Eligible students are identified through Rockwall ISD and Royse City ISD School Lunch Programs and are given vouchers for one pair of shoes.
Partnering with area churches and civic organizations, and with the help of many volunteers, the shoes are distributed at First United Methodist Church of Rockwall on July 31, 2021.
With your help, many children will be able to go back to school wearing a new pair of shoes . . . for some, their first new pair of shoes ever!
“When you have done it unto the least of these, my brethren, you have done it unto me.” Matthew 25:40
Shoes for Kids – Voucher Days | June 3, 10, 17 or 24, 2021.
- Each student is required to have an official “shoe voucher” in order to receive shoes.
- Vouchers are available at the First United Methodist Church of Rockwall, 1200 E. Yellow Jacket, Rockwall, TX.
- Vouchers available only on June 3, June 10, June 17, June 24.
- Vouchers given out on a first come, first served basis.
- Vouchers are valid only on the day of the event, July 31, 2021.
- Each student must be present on voucher day (June 3, 10, 17 or 24) in order for Shoes for Kids staff to determine a shoe size.
- Date and time shoes can be picked up will be stated on vouchers.
- Questions about Shoes For Kids can be addressed at the First United Methodist Church of Rockwall – Call the church office at 972-771-5500.
Free Immunization Clinic
- Immunizations for all required shots will be available for eligible* children ages 0-18 years old.
- This service is open to all those in need in the community.
- The parent should bring each child’s immunization record when arriving for the immunizations.
- The clinic will be open from 9 AM to 10:45 AM on Saturday, July 31, 2020 at the First United Methodist Church of Rockwall. No appointment or voucher is needed for the immunizations.
*All recommended and required vaccines are provided by Texas Vaccine for Children Program. This includes Medicaid, CHIP, and those who are underinsured or uninsured. If a parent’s private insurance covers vaccines, their children are not eligible for this service.
General School Supplies and Backpacks
- Helping Hands provides eligible Rockwall county students with new school supplies and backpacks.
- Questions about school supplies, call 972-771-4357