Director of Music
15 hrs. weekly Part-time - salary
Approved by SPRC -
Reports to: Sr. Pastor/SPRC
First United Methodist Church of Royse City is committed to offering a high-quality music ministry. Qualified applicants will be committed to facilitating high-quality music in a contemporary and liturgical worship format, with emphasis on worship as participatory, rather than performance-oriented.
- Works in partnership with the Pastor and Staff to further the vision of First United Methodist Church of Royse City
- Develop meaningful relationships with the people of First United Methodist Church of Royse City
- Develop worship experiences while incorporating varying musical styles: includes selecting music that coordinate with the weekly theme as set by the Pastor and lead congregational singing on a weekly basis
- Responsible for overseeing all special music needs for the worship services throughout the year.
- Ability to work with other musicians as needed (accompanist, percussion, brass, strings)
- Responsible for preparing music (as called for by the pastor) for special services (Christmas Eve, Easter, etc)
- Create and evaluate the worship budget.
- Recruit members for the choir, praise team, and other music expressions.
- Prepare ProPresenter for Sunday Morning Worship
JOB-RELATED QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Lives a Jesus-Centered spiritual life
- Must be proficient in piano
- Exceptional musical/conducting ability in choral music
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Dedication to a teamwork environment
- High energy and enthusiasm for growing FUMC music ministry
- Good organizational skills, attentive to details, and committed to following through
- Will take initiative to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong commitment to cooperation and hospitality
- Capable of maintaining focus, patience, and peace in a busy environment that requires flexibility
- Demonstrate learning agility while being coachable and open to growth
- Attendance is vital during worship experiences on Sunday morning, including holidays. Vacation days/time off will be established after hire
Accountability and Evaluation
- Annual written performance reviews are done for all staff members, to ensure that each staff member has the opportunity to receive feedback on job performance
- The vacation will be for 2 weeks. Only 2 Sundays will be given for paid vacation. Cannot be two Sundays in a row.
- All employees of First United Methodist Church of Royse City are subject to a 90-day probationary period and an annual evaluation during the month of August
This job description provides a framework for the position. Specific areas and tasks to be addressed will be identified through goals and objectives set with the Lead Pastor and the Leadership Board periodically throughout the year.
Mission: Making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
The vision of First United Methodist Church of Royse City:
You belong here -
serving with heart,
growing in faith.