There is a division in the larger United Methodist Church. This page is to help church members navigate the deeper issues within the denomination and provides resources for members to access to gain up-to-date and accurate information.
On this page
- I have a question (ask Pastor Chris and/or the leadership board a question
- Traditional V. Progressive Church comparision
- Discernment Team Work developing the Values of Royse City FUMC
- Two Methodisms: A comparison Chart
- North Texas Conference Disaffiliation Plan
- Helpful Websites
- Video from Cornerstone UMC in Houston - Bishop Scott Jones Q & A
- Video from First UMC Grandbury
- Video from Adam Hamilton from UM Church of the Resurrection
Official Source of News from the United Methodist Church
This site is curated by Rev. Chris Ritter of Geneseo First United Methodist Church in Geneseo Illinois. He is a traditional pastor but does a great job of pulling resources from all streams of the current debate.
This is the blog site of Rev. Jeremy Smith of Seattle Washington. He is a progressive clergyperson who graduated from Boston University School of Theology, he has pastored churches in Massachusetts, Oklahoma, Oregon, and Washington stage. Jeremy advocates staying in the UMC and becoming a more progressive denomination.
The website for the United Methodist Church
The Website for the Global Methodist Church
The Wesleyan Covenant Association is a global connection of local churches, laity, clergy, and regional chapters that seeks to partner with like-minded orthodox Christians to build a new global Methodist church.
Reconciling Ministries Network celebrates that LGBTQ+ persons are an expression of God's diverse creation and exists to advocate for the affirmation of all God's children in the Church and the world.