20 hrs. 9-noon, 1-3 M-TH Part-time salary
Approved by SPRC on June 21, 2021
Reports to: Sr. Pastor/SPRC
The Church Administrator of First United Methodist Church of Royse City will work with the Pastor, Staff, Leadership and Governance Board, and other committees to administrate the business of the church and to help guide, direct, and manage the critical function to meet the church's mission and vision.
- Works with Senior Pastor to guide, direct and manage the day-to-day operation of the church.
- Able to take care of general office administration: staff front desk during office hours, answer phones, direct calls, take messages, provide assistance to those coming into the church office, manage and maintain office machines and supplies, maintain church calendar, serve as the contact person for building and vehicle keys, miscellaneous administrative duties
- Receive and manage reservations for church building use, programs, special events etc.
- Provide support for worship services: produce weekly bulletin and inserts, prepare weekly worship media for sanctuary, prepare bulletin and media for special worship services (non-Sunday services, funerals, etc)
- Computer proficiency, including usage of email, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Help update and maintain websites
- Church and Conference Documentation: assist the pastor in preparing documentation for Annual Conference, Charge Conference, Check-Out Day, etc.
- Serve as the secretary at Leadership and Governance Board and Charge Conferences (time for meetings will be considered as flex time)
- Coordinate office volunteers
- Attend staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned by the Pastor
JOB-RELATED QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Lives a Jesus-Centered spiritual life
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Exercise wise stewardship of physical and financial resources
- Dedication to a teamwork environment
- High energy and enthusiasm for growing congregation
- Good organizational skills, attentive to details, and committed to following through
- Will take initiative to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong commitment to cooperation and hospitality
- Capable of maintaining focus, patience, and peace in a busy environment that requires flexibility.
- Demonstrate learning agility while being coachable and open to growth.
Accountability and Evaluation
- Hours will be tracked by a computer program on the church computer to record hours on campus. (lunch will be recorded.)
- Hours must be logged in on the church computer.
- Use of accumulated flex hours must be pre-approved by the Pastor. No more than 20 flex hours can be accumulated. Flextime will not be financially reimbursed.
- Vacation days must be pre-approved by the Pastor. Eight paid vacation days may be used each year. After 6 months, 4 paid vacation days may be used. No more than 4 paid vacation days may be carried over to the next year. Employee may not exceed 12 paid vacation days at any time.
- Annual written performance reviews are done for all staff members, to ensure that each staff member has the opportunity to receive feedback on job performance.
- All employees of First United Methodist Church of Royse City are subject to a 90-day probationary period and an annual evaluation during the month of August.
This job description provides a framework for the position. Specific areas and tasks to be addressed will be identified through goals and objectives set with the Lead Pastor and the SPRC committee periodically throughout the year.
Mission of First United Methodist Church of Royse City:
Making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Vision of First United Methodist Church of Royse City:
You belong here –
serving with heart,
growing in faith.